US Army Tank Automotive Research Development & Engineering Center (TARDEC)
Weapon System Mapping Services (WSMS)
(For United States Government and USG Contractors)
SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY A GOVERNMENT SPONSOR, THE TARDEC WSMS SOFTWARE MAY BE USED FOR THE
PURPOSE STATED WITH THE FOLLOWING GENERAL CONDITIONS:
1. The material will be used only in accordance with this Distribution Agreement. The purpose
may include incorporating the WSMS software, or elements thereof, into products being developed
under the terms of a current contract with the U.S. Department of Defense. The WSMS software
and data will not be modified, adapted, or otherwise altered except as required for the prior
2. WSMS material shall not be re-distributed, sold, or used for commercial purposes by the recipient,
in whole or in part, without the express permission of the US Army TARDEC Intelligent Systems
Technology Area. The approved recipient may produce copies of this material (including software)
for use within the recipient's organization, or by an authorized U.S. contractor/sub-contractor
organization, for the specific purpose stated within this Distribution Agreement. A copy of the
approved Distribution Agreement shall be provided and maintained with each authorized copy of the
WSMS material and appropriate personnel shall be briefed regarding the Distribution Agreement
requirements. In addition, the controlling DoD office is to be formally notified of the name,
address and designated POC of all authorized U.S. contractors/sub-contractors to which a copy is
provided. The original recipient of this material shall be responsible for compliance with the
terms of this Distribution Agreement related to all authorized copies.
3. The recipient without the approval of the controlling DoD office may not further distribute
changes to the WSMS software source code. Recipients wishing to distribute changes, which they
have developed, may submit such changes to the controlling DoD office with full Government Purpose
License Rights. The controlling DoD Office will consider these changes for incorporation into
future releases of the WSMS software baseline.
4. U.S. Contractors and sub-contractors will return or destroy all WSMS software material upon
completion of the approved work, or completion of the contract under which the work is authorized,
whichever comes first.
5. This material is developmental in nature. The U.S. Government and its agents shall not be liable
for any harm, damage, or injury that may result from the use or untimely receipt of this material.
6. The controlling DoD office may revoke permission or hereinafter make permission subject to additional
conditions as dictated by Government interests.
7. The individual who will act as recipient of the WSMS software material on behalf of the U.S. contractor
is a U.S. citizen or a person admitted lawfully into the United States for permanent residence and is
located in the U.S.
8. The U.S. contractor agrees that (unless dissemination is permitted by pertinent regulations) it will
not provide access to this material to persons other than its employees or persons acting on its behalf,
without permission of the controlling DoD office.
9. To the extent of its knowledge and belief, the requesting U.S. contractor knows of no person employed
by it, or acting on its behalf, who will have access to this data, who is debarred, suspended, or
otherwise ineligible from performing on U.S. Government contracts.
10. The U.S. contractor itself is not debarred, suspended or otherwise determined ineligible by any agency
of the U.S. Government to perform on U.S. Government contracts.
11. As consideration for the distribution of WSMS, the approved recipient agrees to disclose to the
controlling DOD office any and all changes, enhancements, improvements or modifications which may be
made to WSMS while in the approved recipient's possession. All changes, enhancements, improvements
or modifications are to be submitted to the controlling DOD office through the WSMS SCR procedure.
In addition, should the controlling DOD office so desire, the approved recipient agrees to provide
source code and documentation.